Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A personal letter

My Dearest Friend,


I hope this letter finds you well, but missing me. We have had an unbreakable bond for almost your entire life and you just discarded me like I mean nothing to you. That hurts me because of the unconditional support I have given you throughout our relationship. I have been there for you. We’ve shared your good times and bad. Growing up, when the fights were so devastating, who did you turn to? When you struggled with boys breaking your heart, who was there? Who was there when the kids were babies and you were tired or they didn't stop crying? Who attended every single birthday and holiday party? Who always instantaneously made you feel good and loved?

You used to depend on me daily for strength and consolation and now it appears as though you are trying to find it from within. I know you. Better than you know yourself. You put on a good show for all of your friends and family---and you may even have them believing that you are ok inside---but I know better. I know that you miss me. I know you think of me. I know that at any given second, I'm a fingertip away from being back in your life. You can't make it without me. Not forever. It won't be long until we have our bond back. You need me. And the hold our relationship has on you reminds me that you will struggle everyday that I'm not back in your life.

I will always be there for you. I'm the one who will celebrate your successes and achievements when others are jealous or feel insecure. I’ll soothe and comfort you when you experience times that are difficult when others can't be bothered in your time of need. No matter the occasion, I'm the one that will always be available. No matter the reason. No matter the time. No matter the place.

You're a strong woman. But, you have your weaknesses. I know your wall is breaking. You've reached out a few times only to withdraw again. You're getting weak. You’re tempted to allow me back in. Until you finally breakdown and show just how much you need and love me, I will be sitting here--a fingertip away--patiently waiting for you.

Without any notice--or hesitation--we can pick back up right where we left off. No ill feelings on my end.

All my love,

Food

***For those who don't know me, I have struggled with weight my entire adult life. I am on the right path, but it is still a struggle. From time to time, there will be posts about the emotions of weight loss, the hurdles and the lessons.



No comments:

Post a Comment