Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tale as Old as Time

When I was younger, if you told me I would one day be able to watch my favorite classic Disney movies on a DVD, let alone in 3D, I would have told you that only in my wildest dreams could I imagine that to ever be true.

Now 20 years later, I received a chance to revisit my childhood, as a flood of nostalgia consumed me as I watched the magical story of Beauty and the Beast dance across my television screen more vivid than ever! As I watched, my dreams that have been hidden in the back of my mind under a pile of cobwebs of me wearing a huge yellow glimmering ball gown as I gracefully walk down the mile long twisting staircase to meet a prince suddenly came rushing back to me. Not only could I not believe I ever gave up my dream of having talking and dancing house décor, but I also could not believe my eyes when I saw how the animation looked on Blu-ray 3D.

For anyone who has seen this movie prior, I highly suggest watching it again. Like most Disney movies, there are the quick jokes and comments that are geared towards adults that you may not have picked up on before. Also the animation is better than any of us could have ever imagined when we watched it for the first time in 1991.

More importantly, your kids will love the 5 disc 3D Blu-ray combo pack! Now that they are growing up with more advance technology, Disney has made the necessary changes in their classics to fascinate the new generations. This combo pack includes activities and extras that will entertain the new viewers and even the older ones as well. I do have to say there are a few dark parts in the movie that may scare the little ones, so if your child scares easily be sure to watch it first and see if it is appropriate.

All in all, between the beautiful music that will have your family singing for weeks as well as the fun story line that will have your kids imagining your dining ware is dancing around your house, this is a must see for all ages!

And if you find yourself longing for your childhood dreams of being a princess and having a vast library at your disposal, don’t be shy to throw on your daughters play crown or dance around your house to the soundtrack…We all need to feel like a princess once and awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment