Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mine for Nine Maternity Clothing


I am on my third pregnancy in 5 years. For my first pregnancy, I refused to buy many clothes and instead borrowed from friends and family. The result was not pretty. I wore clothes years out of date that didn’t fit correctly. For my second pregnancy, I decided to purchase clothes on the cheap from Target and other big box stores. The result was better, but I didn’t find many clothes that I could wear out on date night or with my friends at a price that I was willing to pay for only a few months of wear. Which brings us to pregnancy number 3. Since this is my last pregnancy, at least the last planned one, I wanted to go out with a bang, but who has the money to spend on clothing that a couple of months from now will be passed on to another pregnant woman?
In stepped Tampa Bay Parenting Magazine and Mine For Nine with a unique opportunity. I was given $200 to try out a company that allows you to borrow designer maternity clothes at a fraction of the cost of purchasing them. Instead of wearing jeans and a maternity top every day, I borrowed cute tops and skirts to boost my self esteem at a time when I don’t look my best. I am not one of those beautiful pregnant women out there. I get big everywhere! Fortunately, I discovered styles from Mine for Nine that helped minimize the negatives of my growing body and maximize the positives. Every month I have the option of shipping back the items I have or borrowing them for another month. I found a skirt that I have kept for three months, which is still much less expensive than purchasing it.
The process is very simple and if you have any problems Mine for Nine has phenomenal customer service. The two times that I contacted customer service for help I received a phone call within an hour from the owner/creator of the site, Marisa. The first step is to visit the site http://minefornine.com and pick out the items you would like to borrow. You may also buy items, but they are pretty pricey, so I stuck with the borrowing option. You pick the size that you think would fit you the best based on the sizing suggestions. While pregnant I am pretty hard on clothing, because all food seems to fall on my enormous belly, so for people like me there is optional cleaning insurance for $5 per item. If you are a reasonably neat person, there is no need to purchase insurance and you just have to ship the clothing back without any obvious stains. Mine for Nine will dry clean the clothing for the next borrower. The second step is to put in your credit card information and then the package with your clothing should arrive within the week. Also, there is a special gift for each mom included with her first order. The hand knitted blue cap that I received is precious and endeared me even more to the company.
When your clothing arrives, if it doesn’t fit correctly you can return it as long as you make sure to keep the security tag attached, contact the company within 3 days and put the clothing in the mail within 7 days. I didn’t have to return any of the items because they didn’t fit, but it was very reassuring to have the option. If you love the clothing you just need to take good care of it and ship it back by the date you are given using the label included in the package. I wrote the date the clothing needed to be postmarked by on my calendar, but most people would appreciate an email reminder, which is not provided.
If you want to get through nine months of pregnancy without committing to a size for the entire time, spend a fortune on clothing or get bored with wearing the same clothing day in and day out Mine for Nine is the company for you!

1 comment: