Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What Do You Want To Be When You Grow up?

Written by Ellie Hirsch, founder of Mommy Masters™

My son asked me a really good question the day which made me smile but also made me think.  He said, “Mommy…what are you going to be when you grow up”?  I was sort of baffled because as a grown-up, we are supposed to know already, right?  Well it seems in my case, I am just figuring that out.  His inquiry really made me think about who I am, who I want to be and how I am going to get there! 

Stay-at-home mom has been my title for the last few years when I decided to say goodbye to the work force, for various reasons.  The ironic part of staying home is that it took a resignation from my job to figure out what I really wanted to be when I grew up.  Since having my two boys, I have never felt so inspired to do all the things I ever wanted to do…and do well.  So far, motherhood has been my best and most rewarding job, and has inspired me to start my business, Mommy Masters™.  This article is not just about me though, but about you and what your goals and dreams are.  Have you reached them yet?  If not, how are you going to get there?  What inspires you and gives you the confidence to do what you love? All of these questions are important ones that can help you decide what you want to do with your life.  Why are little kids the only ones who get to answer the “what do you want to be” question?  You are never too old to follow your dreams and make a change!  Who says we ever have to really grow up anyway?  J   
Mommy Masters is about becoming a better woman, which will allow you to be a better mom, wife and friend.  Whether it’s a super-hero, children’s song writer, mommy blogger, nurse, chef or lawyer…ask yourself…what do you want to be when you grow up?  Mommy Masters and Tampa Bay Parenting Magazine would love to hear success stories of women who got inspired, changed their path and are now living their dream. 

Thanks for reading and I invite you to check out the Mommy Masters blog and Facebook fan page.  I am working hard on bringing you my children’s songs and can’t wait to share my dream with you!
www.mommymasters.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/mommymasters
@Mommymasters on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment